Have you got a new website or blog to share? Send us the link to email@example.com.
Cruisin’ the News
Share your good news with us each week and we’ll join you in your happy dance. Congratulations to all our members this week. Share your new release, new cover, contest win, new contract, new website and more good news with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The RWA West Houston Chapter’s contest ‘The Emily’ is open for submissions from Saturday, September 1st, 2012 and closes at midnight, September 30, 2012.For more information and to enter: http://whrwa.com/emily/ * All Electronic ~ Fee: $30 (WHRWA members $20) * No synopsis ~ maximum of 7,000 words * Three first-round judges ~ lowest score dropped * Open to published authors (not published in category for three years) * Multiple entries allowed * Entries capped at the first 240 entries received
- HARLEQUIN / MILLS & BOON SO YOU THINK YOU CAN WRITE CONTEST
Visit the Contest Website for instructions on how to enter by completing a submission form and uploading one (1) eligible first chapter.
- New Logo Contest
RWA has launched a contest to find a new logo.
Opens: September 1st 2012,
Closes: Midnight Sydney time September 30th 2012
Closing dates for the 2012-13 contest season
|HM&B High Five||14 September 2012|
|STALI||5 October 2012|
|Selling Synopsis||23 November 2012|
|Emerald Award||23 November 2012|
|Little Gems||1 February 2013|
|First Kiss||15 February 2013|
|Valerie Parv Award||TBA April 2013|
- After traditionally publishing 35 books, Nicola Marsh has indie-pubbed a novel, CRAZY LOVE, an 85000 word contemporary romance about those who ‘do’ love and those who don’t!
- Nikki Logan is very excited that her romantic suspense set amidst African wildlife is now out through Entangled Publishing’s Dead Sexy line. WILD ENCOUNTER is bloodier, steamier and more dangerous than her Sweets for Harlequin but still saturated in nature.
- Imelda Evans is ‘coming soon’ to Destiny Romance! Pop over to their website for a peek at her cover and blurb.
- Bernadette Rowley has a debut novel PRINCESS AVENGER being released by Destiny Romance in October.
Keeping Up Appearances
- Annie Seaton was delighted to have her first radio interview this week. Tune in at Podomatic
- Mary Hawkins is presenting a two hour workshop on “Getting the novel structure right” and will be also in the “Editing Room” at The Word Writers Getaway 12-14 October at The Sunshine Coast.FMI: http://www.thewordwriters.com/index.php?
Cruisin’ Member Blogs
Share a link and a short blurb here each week by emailing the details to us at: email@example.com
Author Harvest has had a bumper spring crop already.
NZ’s Rae Roadley (memoir)
Jaye Ford (the Davitt Diva) – scary – especially for chickens!
Juliet Madison – do not let her near a stapler!
Also coming up this spring:
Kerri Sackville – non-fiction author and one of the most influential female bloggers (according to the Prime Minister, who discusses PMT with Kerri.) And Kerri discusses all sorts of stuff with us. Feeling anxious? You might want to check this one out.
Author Harvest is just getting started. If you enjoy the posts, there are plenty more in store with a spring, summer, autumn and winter harvest.
This week on Friday Feast:
Giddy up, folks, because this week on Friday Feast we’re expanding our horizons, turning all Spring Carnival-y and entering the fascinating world of non-fiction. Award-winning writer and renowned freelance racing journalist Jessica Owers is sharing her evocatively titled tale, Every So Often, You Just Want One. And, believe me, it’s not what you think!
Plus reveal your adventure of when something very bad has turned out surprisingly good and you’ll go into the draw to win a signed copy of PETER PAN: THE FORGOTTEN STORY OF PHAR LAP’S SUCCESSOR. Just in time for the Melbourne Cup!
- Barbara DeLeo is blogging at USA Today’s Happily Ever After blog on Monday about What’s Your Defining Moment . She’d love some friendly faces!
- Bernadette Rowley
Blogs about all things romance and fantasy and conducts interviews with fellow authors and their new releases.
September 13 – MAGIC THURSDAY – Eleni Konstantine with giveaway of novella GATEWAY TO HELL
September 15 – ENCHANTED ORB with Christina Ashcroft
September 16 – Weekly Overview
September 18 – Good News Day
is giving a way a paperback copy of her latest release EVE’S PASSION.
Eden was her father’s dream and now, all she has in the world. Since his death Eve has struggled to keep the orchard going but the bank is threatening foreclosure and Adam, wealthy, determined and far too attractive, won’t take no for an answer. Besieged on all sides how can Eve save Eden? Will Adam convince her the future is more important than the past?
September 18 – SERIES: Ellora’s Cave author – Camryn Rhys – come discover the world of paranormal erotic romance!
September 20 – SERIES: Ellora’s Cave author – Virginia Cavanaugh – come discover the world of paranormal erotic romance!
September 22 – MONTH OF HOT HEROES: Heat 4 – vote for the hunkiest TV/ movie heroes and see who ends up the HOTTEST one of all.
September 25 - SERIES: Ellora’s Cave author – Kelli Scott – come discover the world of paranormal erotic romance!
September 17 – A Michelan Guide to a Story Idea
I’m pretty passionate about my food – and I can be downright scary where chocolate is involved *g* So I’m stoked that one of my all-time favourite recipes is going to be included in All Romance eBooks free cookbook, Passionate Cooks; free recipes from today’s hottest romance authors! This free cookbook is due out in October. If you’d like to know more about Passionate Cooks, I’ve featured it on my website, along with another one of my favourite recipes.
And because I don’t often get an excuse to experiment *cough* fussy children! *cough*, I’m starting up a Recipe of the Week section on my website. My first contributor is my lovely Aussie author friend Jennie Brumley, with her incredibly decadent sounding Double Chocolate and Hazelnut Brownie Cake… which is just in time for me to try for DH’s birthday. YUM!
I have my fabulous American friend author Jen Tucker on my blog today. While she doesn’t write romance – at least that’s not what she’s published in – her post is well worth reading for a Sunday laugh. The topic – old ladies problems. I’d love her to have some Aussie love…
September 21 – Blog Bites with Erin Grace – Kerri Williams
September 23 – Event Announcements – Juanita Kees
September 27 - Cruisin’ with RWA – Juanita Kees
Eden Summers has been doing a few interviews with fellow bloggers on Riverina Romantics and would love if you could stop by. There is a mixed swag up for grabs…
- Stacy Nash is a blogger at the Authors Promoting Authors blog. They have two spots per week devoted to features, cover reveals, giveaways etc. and accept any genre and any author.
- Susanne Bellamy
Come visit and share your favourite Italian escape – or you can cheat and invent one. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?
September 19 - Cassandra Dean visiting my blog celebrates her latest release, ROUGH DIAMOND, an historical Western erotic novel with a copy to give away.
This weekend I did a blog post inspired by the Rural panel at the conference. Me and eight other rural writers will be sharing our thought on what makes a Rural Romance and what aspects of rural life have inspired us to write. Hope you enjoy it. There are some great authors to discover and some interesting ideas behind the works of some of your favourites
Wednesday Work in Progress: The perils of editing and (squee!) a cover preview
Submit your blog site link to firstname.lastname@example.org to share with our readers. Enrico hand picks six blogs to showcase every week.
Enrico’s Pick Six this week:
Have a great week!