The Cruisin’ team would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and safe driving over the festive season. Do take care out there and have yourselves a wonderful Christmas time.
Enrico, Clint and I will be taking a break over the holidays, but we’ll be back to take you Cruisin’ again on January 1o, 2013. It’s been a busy couple of weeks in the lead up to Christmas and we have loads of good news to share with you before we head off on holidays.
Have you got a new release, cover, contract, website or blog to share? Send us the link to email@example.com.
Cruisin’ the News
Share your good news with us each week and we’ll join you in your happy dance. Congratulations to all our members this week. Share your new release, new cover, contest win, new contract, new website and more good news with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madeline Ash is celebrating the release of her debut novel UNCOVERED BY LOVE from Destiny Romance.
- Nicole Hurley-Moore is proud to announce the release of her medieval novella, MISRULE’S MISTRESS from Pink Petal Books.
- Annie Seaton is testing the waters of self-publishing with SUMMER OF THE MOONFLOWER, a Victorian romance with Steampunk elements available on Amazon later this week.
- Anna Jacobs has an early Christmas present with the paperback version of THE TRADER’S SISTER due for release just before Christmas.
- Kate Belle has two new releases to celebrate with BREAKING THE RULES and BLOOM available for pre-order on Amazon.
- Joanne Hill has her first romance on Amazon, a sweet contemporary story, DANIEL’S BRIDE.
- Elizabeth Rose is thrilled to announce the release of LOVE ON THE NORTH SHORE LINE from Montlake.
- S E Gilchrist will see in the New Year with the release of LEGEND BEYOND THE STARS on January 1 from Escape Publishing.
- Louise Forster’s FINDING ELIZABETH has been accepted by Harlequin Escape for publishing.
- Annie Seaton has accepted a contract from Entangled Publishing for A PASSIONATE DEAL (Dead Sexy imprint) plus ITALIAN AFFAIR, the sequel to HOLIDAY AFFAIR (Indulgence imprint)
Our STALI winners as chosen by Sarah Fairhall of Penguin Australia are:
- Cheryl Baker
- Fiona McKenzie
- Leisl Leighton
Sarah has requested the first and second placed full manuscripts. Congratulations to everyone and a big thanks to Sandy Harris for
successfully negotiating her way through first time contest management.
Clint had another busy week cruisin’ the web and inbox. Hope you enjoy his scoop. Share a link and a short blurb here each week by emailing the details to us at: email@example.com
- RWA Blog
December 21 – A Day in the Writing Life of Jennie Jones – Suzanne Hamilton
December 29 – New Releases – Eleni Konstantine
is chatting to Millie Romano about SUMMER OF THE MOONFLOWER and testing the waters of self-publication
This week on Friday Feast:
Hold onto your Santa hats, it’s the last Friday Feast of the year and we’re going out with a bang. Not only do we have the steamy adventures of historical romance author Suzi Love’s Virile Viscount and his Pleasure House, we have balls! Multiple ones!
So come and join Suzi and sample her tasty balls. You might even learn a thing or two about the tradition of giving Christmas cards.
December 20 – MAGIC THURSDAY – Nicole Murphy with giveaway, specifically with those with Apple products.
December 21 – WHAT WE ARE READING
December 23 – Weekly Overview
We go on hiatus until the 6th January. See you in 2013!
Musa Monday – Meggan Connors
Writing Buddy Wednesday – SARA Emmeline Lock
Fantabulous Friday – Lego of Helm’s Deep
Stunning Saturday – a whole lot of covers
Jenn bales up Karly Lane in Author Harvest – To quote Helene Young (her comment on Jenn’s Author Harvest with Karly Lane this week) “Thanks, ladies, I’ve choked on my morning coffee courtesy of your crazy humour!”
December 11 – Everything You Know About Romance Novels Is Wrong (part 2) – A continuation of the myths about romance writing.
December 15 - CAT-URDAY: Tis the Season – some LOL Cats with Christmas laughs.
is on Lindy Dale’s blog for the 23 days of Christmas series, talking about her upcoming debut novel FAST FORWARD and sharing an excerpt
Serena Tatti, Story Editor welcomes Jenny Schwartz to her blog on Tuesday 18th December. Jenny explains why she believes that “Writing is Not a Solitary Craft”. Jenny is also giving away a kindle download of her current release through Harlequin Escape Publishing, DRAWING CLOSER.
December 12 – In the Armchair with Tricia Stringer in the armchair and her latest release QUEEN OF THE ROAD
December 17 – Tips for Writers with Maria Goodin, author of THE STORYTELLER’S DAUGHTER
December 21 – Tempting fate with Jenn J McLeod, author of HOUSE FOR ALL SEASONS, in the armchair. Will Enrico bring out the mistletoe?
Just a quick plug for my ‘Twelve Dogs of Christmas’ activity happening on my blog/website. Come by and check out how we’re travelling (we’re up to the 4th dog of Christmas). Some gloriously festive pooches popping in.
is talking Sunday morning shenanigans on her new blog, Words, Windmills and Plot Wrinkles
is sharing Carolyn Wren’s call story and journey to publication with her win in the RWA Emerald Contest
Submit your blog site link to firstname.lastname@example.org to share with our readers. Enrico hand picks six blogs to showcase every week.
Enrico’s Pick Six this week:
Closing dates for the 2012-13 RWA contest season
|Little Gems||1 February 2013|
|First Kiss||15 February 2013|
|Valerie Parv Award||TBA April 2013|
August 16 – 18 2013 -The Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle, Western Australia
In August 2013, for the first time, our annual national conference is heading to Western Australia. With a gorgeous heritage hotel, sunshine, sea-breezes, alfresco dining and history - Fremantle has it all. And now it has romance!
For more information visit the RWA Website.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Regards Juanita, Enrico and Clint