Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year break. Enrico, Clint and I are back to entertain you with good news, great blogs and upcoming events. Have you got a new release, cover, contract, website or blog to share? Send us the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riding the Waves: Writing Romance in Tempestuous Times
Things are heating up here in the west with the 22nd annual RWA conference approaching fast. So do keep an eye out for blogs and information here on the blog, on Facebook and on the Romance Writers of Australia website. If you’re planning on Riding the Waves in Freo this year, why not keep up to date and subscribe to the newsletter via email.
August 16 – 18 2013 -The Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle, Western Australia
In August 2013, for the first time, our annual national conference is heading to Western Australia. With a gorgeous heritage hotel, sunshine, sea-breezes, alfresco dining and history – Fremantle has it all. And now it has romance!
Cruisin’ the News
Share your good news with us each week and we’ll join you in your happy dance. Congratulations to all our members this week. Share your new release, new cover, contest win, new contract, new website and more good news with us at email@example.com
- Bronwen Evans is excited to announce the release of THE RELUCTANT WIFE from Entangled publishing (Indulgence)
- Susanne Bellamy‘s debut contemporary novel, WHITE GINGER, released through Lyrical Press on January 7
- Paula Roe and Deborah Tait have a novella out in an anthology published by the author-led co-op, TWC Press. MOONLIT ENCOUNTERS is their debut book.
- Madeline Ash is thrilled to announce the debut release of UNCOVERED BY LOVE from Destiny Romance
- Anne E Summers has her first fantasy book THE SINGING MOUNTAIN released by Solstice Publishing
- Shona Husk’s FOR THE LOVE OF A GOBLIN WARRIOR, the last of the Shadowlands books, is out now
- Rachael Johns has two new releases in January. MAN DROUGHT released on New Years Day from Harlequin Australia. They currently have a contest going to win a $500 Red Balloon package simply by reading the first chapter and answering a question. STAND-IN STAR released from Carina Press.
- Alissa Callen’s WHAT LOVE SOUNDS LIKE is out with Escape Publishing
- S E Gilchrist has e-published a novella set in Dark Ages Britain called BOUND BY LOVE available from Smashwords and Amazon. S E is running a contest to celebrate the release on her site with a free giveaway to one commenter during the month of January. S E also has LEGEND BEYOND THE STARS scheduled for release from Escape Publishing on January 10
- Allison Butler is thrilled to announce her Scottish medieval, is to be published by Destiny Romance and is due for release mid-February 2013.
- Janet Woods has signed contracts for two more books with Severn House.Magna has offered for large print rights to her Belgrave House ebook BENEDICT’S BRIDE. Audio Rights to her February hardcover release with Severn House, I’LL GET BY, have been picked up by Soundings
- Juanita Kees has signed a contract with Escape Publishing for the March release of TAMING THE TIGER
Clint had another busy week cruisin’ the web and inbox. Hope you enjoy his scoop. Share a link and a short blurb here each week by emailing the details to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For anyone who thinks they know their historical romance heroes, Anne hosted a quiz on Word Wenches
will be back soon!
January 10 – MAGIC THURSDAY – Shona Husk with giveaway of FOR THE LOVE OF THE GOBLIN WARRIOR
January 11 – REAL LIFE PARANORMAL compiled by Mel Teshco
January 12 – DARKLIGHT ON…with Kathrine Leannan
January 14 – Winner of Shona’s giveaway announced
January 15 – GOOD NEWS DAY compiled by Kylie Griffin
January 16 – A BITE OF… FISHERPRIEST with CM Simpson
January 17 – MAGIC THURSDAY – Jenny Schwartz
Musa Monday – Clarissa Johal
Writing Buddy Wednesday – DarkSider, Mel Teshco
While you were snoozin’, missing out on Cruisin’, Author Harvest ‘baled up’ Karly Lane and Rachael Johns
Jenn wrote an open letter to Tony Park – “I am NOT reading this book, Mr Park”
January 10 Author Harvest presents Juanita Kees with a giveaway of a signed copy of FLY AWAY PETA and
Jenn recently baled up the whacky, witty Lisa Walker to talk Sex, Lies & Bonsai.
January 2 – Cat-urday: Funnies – more madcap mayhem with LOL cats
January 8 – INDUSTRY: Interview with…Riverina Romantics – new series on book bloggers!
January 12 – SATURDAY SEVEN: Seven paragraphs of a favourite book off my shelves – KISS OF STEEL Bec McMaster
January 15 – INDUSTRY: Interview with…My Book Chatter – New Zealand book blogger
Serena is pleased to announce her special guest blogger, Valerie Parv. This is Valerie’s first stop on her Blog Tour for her wonderful book, BIRTHRIGHT. It continues her series set on the fictional island kingdom of Carramer. Valerie will be blogging about using holidays in your writing and offers suggestions.
January 8 – Review of IN FALLING SNOW by Mary-Rose MacColl
January 10 – Review of QUEEN OF THE ROAD by Tricia Stringer
January 11 – Celebrating two new releases with Rachael Johns and a post on titles and how they come to life for her.
In order to give our wonderful home grown and unique rural fiction a global voice a face book page called Books for Country Girls and Guys has been created. Such a page will promote and celebrate rural as well as small town fiction. Would love people to drop by:)
Just a shout-out about my new blog series called Fan Girl Friday, where me and a bunch of author guests will be raving about stuff we love every Friday. I took the first spot, and Keziah Hill will be up on the 11th, so mark Friday in your diary to drop by and check it out. Love to see you there!
To celebrate the release of BOUND BY LOVE I’m posting a blog on January 10 (US time) and I will be running a giveaway for the remainder of January. Anyone who subscribes to my blog and leaves a comment will go in the draw for a $10 Amazon gift voucher.
January 23 – First guest this week is Annie Seaton who offers some insights into what inspires her writing across multiple genres
January 30 – Visit with Efthalia Pegios talking about her paranormal WIP
February 6 – Hosting Jenn J McLeod on the blog
Submit your blog site link to email@example.com to share with our readers. Enrico hand picks six blogs to showcase every week.
Enrico’s Pick Six this week:
Closing dates for the 2012-13 RWA contest season
|Little Gems||1 February 2013|
|First Kiss||15 February 2013|
|Valerie Parv Award||TBA April 2013|