RWA’s 21st conference Diamonds are Forever will be held at Hotel QT, Surfer’s Paradise, Gold Coast, from August 16-19, 2012, and the conference team is seeking proposals for workshops, panels or other breakout sessions. Particularly popular are craft, business and writers’ life sessions suitable for a wide spectrum of writers as well as genre-related workshops from professionals and/or published authors. That said, we’d love to be surprised by fresh ideas for conference breakout sessions.
Your proposal should show us why your concept would be a fabulous addition to the program. Slots are limited so go ahead and wow us, but don’t forget to include the essentials:
* A title plus a short, sharp summary of the workshop’s focus (think ‘logline’)
* The audience you’re targeting e.g. all writers, beginners, advanced, unpublished, specific genre
* An outline of content and format
* Speaker bio (include any teaching and/or presenting credentials)
* Requirements for set up and/or AV equipment e.g. data projector for Power Point or video, space needed for demonstrations, etc
* Your preference for the length of the session – 60, 75 or 90 minutes. We’ll do our best to accommodate you.
* If this workshop has been presented previously or if the content is new for this conference.
What you need to know:
* Breakout sessions will be 60, 75 or 90 minutes
* Your workshop could be programmed in either a morning or afternoon session on Saturday or Sunday, unless you have an idea for the Published Author Day (Thursday)
* Proposals must be received by Friday 9th December 2011
* Offers will be emailed to selected speakers before 31st January 2012
* Presenters must supply workshop notes and/or handouts prior to 1st May, 2012
* Payment is $300 per session plus GST if applicable; this will be split between joint presenters
* All presenters will be promoted on our website and in the conference program.
Email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday December 9, 2011.
If you have an idea for a workshop, a topic or a panel you would like to see on the program but presented by others — especially if you have names! — please let us know at the same address by December 9, 2011.
2012 Conference Team