Heaps of good news doing the rounds this week. What an exciting time it is in the publishing world at the moment. So many talented new authors, so many exciting new reads. My Christmas list is growing so I hope Santa will remember I’ve been a very good girl this year. What’s on your Christmas list? Have you got a new release, cover, contract, website or blog to share? Send us the link to email@example.com.
Cruisin’ the News
Share your good news with us each week and we’ll join you in your happy dance. Congratulations to all our members this week. Share your new release, new cover, contest win, new contract, new website and more good news with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alissa Callen – has sold 2 books: a rural fiction novel BENEATH OUTBACK SKIES to Random House as a launch title in February for digital first Random Romance, and a shorter rural story to Escape Publishing WHAT LOVE SOUNDS LIKE out in January.
- S E Gilchrist is thrilled to announce her sci-fi / futuristic hot single title, LEGEND BEYOND THE STARS has been contracted to Escape Publishing.
- Janet Woods has received and offer for large print rights from Magna (UK) for her historical novel, BENEDICT’S BRIDE.
- Tamara Gill has published a Goddess/Druid novella, BANISHED – DAUGHTERS OF THE GODS, BOOK 1 through Amazon’s Digital Services.
- Shona Husk has re-released her 2010 novella AN ELEMENTAL TAIL on Smashwords.
- Ainslie Paton’s release GREASE MONKEY JIVE from Escape is rocketing up the charts and now has a mention in USA Today.
- Suzi Love’s THE VISCOUNT’S PLEASURE HOUSE from Crimson Romance launched on December 3.
- Ann B Harrison is celebrating the release of her erotic romance RED HOT
- Ari Harper has released her Young Adult book WITCHLING.
- Keziah Hill has an erotic short BUSINESS WITH PLEASURE out with Momentum in January.
- Claire Boston is a finalist in the West Houston Emily competition with her entry WHAT GOES ON TOUR.The final judges are Katherine Pelz of Berkley and agent Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary agency.
Cruisin’ Member Blogs
Share a link and a short blurb here each week by emailing the details to us at: email@example.com
December 7 – A Day in the Writing Life of Peta Crake – Suzanne Hamilton
December 9 – Event Announcements – Juanita Kees
December 11 – Author Spotlight on Rhian Cahill – Juliet Madison
December 13 – Cruisin’ with RWA – Juanita Kees
This week on Friday Feast:
Friday Feast is really getting seasonal this week, and a little bit fruity too! No, lovely Australian author Michelle Douglas isn’t swearing, she’s sharing. Yes, folks, it’s time to get into the spirit with Michelle’s gorgeous new release, THE NANNY WHO SAVED CHRISTMAS, and her luscious, brandy-soaked recipe for rich fruit cake. This is a recipe with twenty years experience behind it and a guaranteed winner for even novice cooks. So jolly-on over to Friday Feast and get festive!
December 6 – MAGIC THURSDAY -Anna Hackett with GALACTIC HOLIDAY (using Raffelcopter)
December 7 – REAL LIFE PARANORMAL with J.L Addicoat
December 9 – Weekly Overview
December 11 – GOOD NEWS DAY
December 13 – MAGIC THURSDAY – C.T. Green with giveaway of DREAM LOVER
Musa Monday – Cover love with Wench, Lizzie T. Leaf
Tuesday Tunes – Guns ‘n’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
Wonderfully Wacked Wednesday News – Musa Publishing set to release the next Roger Rabbit novel.
Poster Thursday – movie posters
You’ve read the call story, now meet the author when Jenn’s Author Harvest takes you home to the country to meet Alissa Callen
TOPIC: Reasons Why You Never Want to Make an Author Mad – I’m a regular reader of the Supernatural Underground blog and last year an article written by Karina Cooper caught my eye, and had me giggling uncontrollably because I could so relate to the post.
Just wanted to let you know I’ve done a new Inspirational Writing Quotes calendar for 2013 and it’s available on the Writing Resources section of my website.
The gorgeous Louise Reynolds is my guest on Write Bytes. Come over and say hello.
Many thanks to everyone who congratulated me about my sale, I’ve just posted my Call Story on my blog if anyone wants to read the details about getting my first publishing contract.
November 29 – Review of BRIDIE’S CHOICE by Karly Lane
December 3 – Review of CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH by Victoria Dahl
December 4 – In the Armchair with David C Smith and DARK MUSE
December 6 – In the Armchair with Anna Campbell and THE WINTER WIFE
Enrico’s Pick Six
Submit your blog site link to firstname.lastname@example.org to share with our readers. Enrico hand picks six blogs to showcase every week.
Closing dates for the 2012-13 RWA contest season
|HM&B High Five||14 September 2012|
|STALI||5 October 2012|
|Selling Synopsis||23 November 2012|
|Emerald Award||23 November 2012|
|Little Gems||1 February 2013|
|First Kiss||15 February 2013|
|Valerie Parv Award||TBA April 2013|
AWG has launched their What’s Love Got To Do With It? 50th Anniversary Scriptwriting Competition. Applications must be received by 5.00pm Friday December 14.
Have you tapped into your inner Bronte or Austen? How about a sweeping saga à la Tolstoy? Are you the next Warwick Thornton, Jane Campion or Jan Sardi with a heart-wrenching story of love conquering adversity?If you have written a script for a feature film, tele-movie or television mini-series with a love story as the central theme, don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to receive a free day registration for the National Screenwriters’ Conference, a copy of Final Draft 8 scriptwriting software AND get your work read by industry experts.
Riding the waves: Writing romance in tempestuous times
In August 2013, for the first time, our annual national conference is heading to Western Australia. With a gorgeous heritage hotel, sunshine, sea-breezes, alfresco dining and history – Fremantle has it all. And now it has romance!
For more information visit the RWA Website.
Have a great week!