We hope you enjoy our line up this week. Facebook, emails and group posts have been running hot with loads of good news to celebrate. It looks like 2013 is going to be a good year for our members. Have you got a new release, cover, contract, website or blog to share? Send us the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riding the Waves: Writing Romance in Tempestuous Times
Things are heating up here in the west with the 22nd annual RWA conference approaching fast. So do keep an eye out for blogs and information here on the blog, on Facebook and on the Romance Writers of Australia website. If you’re planning on Riding the Waves in Freo this year, why not keep up to date and subscribe to the newsletter via email.
August 16 – 18 2013 –The Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle, Western Australia
In August 2013, for the first time, our annual national conference is heading to Western Australia. With a gorgeous heritage hotel, sunshine, sea-breezes, alfresco dining and history – Fremantle has it all. And now it has romance!
Cruisin’ the News
Share your good news with us each week and we’ll join you in your happy dance. Congratulations to all our members this week. Share your new release, new cover, contest win, new contract, new website and more good news with us at email@example.com
- Imogene Nix THE BLOOD BRIDE will be the first in the Blood Secrets series to be released soon. More details to follow.
- Jennifer St George’s second novel, SEDUCING THE SECRET HEIRESS is out with Destiny Romance.
- Janelle Lee is celebrating two new releases this week BULLETS AND BUCKETS and A SECOND CHANCE and has been contracted for a 3 book series.
- Lily Malone ‘hasn’t stopped happy dancing’ since she signed her contract with Harlequin Escape for her debut contemporary romance, HIS BRAND OF BEAUTIFUL, due out in March. (Unless you count the minutes she stood still to answer Jenn McLeod’s curly questions on Jenn’s Author Harvest).
- Victoria Black’s erotic romance fantasy, HEAVENLY REVENGE will be released from Secret Cravings Publishers on February 22nd.
- Khloe Wren has signed a contract with Secret Cravings Publishing for SEALED WITH A HONEYED KISS, Dragons of Feury Book 1. It will be part of the EDIBLE DELIGHTS Anthology, Volume 1, due for release in May 2013.
- Juanita Kees’s novel contracted by Escape Publishing as Taming the Tiger has been given the exciting new title, UNDER THE HOOD.
Clint had another busy week cruisin’ the web and inbox. Hope you enjoy his scoop. Share a link and a short blurb here each week by emailing the details to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RWA Blog
On Friday 20, Suzanne Hamilton’s guest in ‘A Day in the Writing Life’ is Beverley Eikli. Please pop in and say hi.
has joined the world of technology (sort of) and have posted a couple of things on the group blog that I am a member of. The blog is called Craving Erotic Romance and the two items I’ve posted are Monday’s Scintillating Interview and Open Mike Saturday
will be back soon!
January 17 – MAGIC THURSDAY – Jenny Schwartz talks COURTING TROUBLE
January 18 – WHAT WE ARE READING compiled by Shona Husk
January 20 – WEEKLY OVERVIEW
January 22 – GOOD NEWS DAY compiled by Kylie Griffin
Super Sunday – with good news: my paranormal noir novelette, SNOOP, has been contracted with Musa Publishing
Musa Monday – Meggan Connors talks about The Art of Saying No
Writing Buddy Wednesday – Kitty Bucholtz
January 19 – Cat-urday: Expressions – more madcap mayhem with LOL cats.
January 22 – INDUSTRY: Interview with…Sassy Book Lovers – come meet Stacey & Renee.
Has an interview with romance writer Danielle Lisle, with a hardcopy giveaway contest of LADY LIGHTFINGERS. The question: Which of her books won the R*uby in 2002.
is doing a post for the Melbourne Writers Guild Blog on January 20 about Eliminating Wordiness and Tightening Your Writing
January 10 – Celebrating two new releases with Rachael Johns and a post on titles and how they come to life for her.
January 14 – Writing Heroines Romance Readers Admire with Award-winning author, Adrienne deWolfe
January 15 – FLY AWAY PETA on the hop in The Next Big Thing
January 23 – First guest this week is Annie Seaton who offers some insights into what inspires her writing across multiple genres
January 30 – Visit with Efthalia Pegios talking about her paranormal WIP
February 6 – Hosting Jenn J McLeod on the blog
Submit your blog site link to email@example.com to share with our readers. Enrico hand picks six blogs to showcase every week.
Enrico’s Pick Six this week:
Closing dates for the 2012-13 RWA contest season
|Little Gems||1 February 2013|
|First Kiss||15 February 2013|
|Valerie Parv Award||TBA April 2013|