And the news just keeps coming as our Cruisin’ Chauffeurs run themselves ragged collecting all the latest on our members’ blogs. I hope you’ve got your TBR lists ready. We have a line up of books to look out for and blogs to cruise, so grab a coffee (or champagne if you prefer) and hop into the limo with Clint and Enrico. Let’s go Cruisin’…
Cruisin’ the News
We love celebrating success. Our members are encouraged to send in their New Release news for publishing in Hearts Talk and the New Releases blog. Don’t miss the deadline! Send in your new releases by the 8th of every month to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Of course, the Cruisin’ Crew don’t want to miss out on the celebrations, so drop Clint and Enrico an email with your blogs, new contract, first sale, new cover or release news at email@example.com. Don’t forget to come back on Sunday for a list of exciting writing-related events delivered by our members.
- S E Glichrist is excited to announce the release of her second single title in the Darkon Warrior series, STAR PIRATE’S JUSTICE. Her book is one of the 1st February releases by Escape Publishing. Until midnight 16th February, SE is running a giveaway Rafflecopter contest on her site as well as on other writers’ blogs. For this weekend: Kerrie Paterson, Lily Malone, Maryde, Lauren McKellar, Leisl Leighton, Ros Baxter, Suzi Love, Pippa Jay, Belinda Holmes, Sherilee Gray and Darlene Fredette – thank you.
- Iris Blobel’s 5th book’s been released this week. MORE BEGINNINGS is the 2nd book in the Beginnings Series.
- Fiona Lowe has a new release out RUNAWAY GROOM. Take an Aussie guy on the road trip of his life on his vintage Harley Davidson, a lawyer hiding out and a heap of well meaning people in Whitetail. It’s a stand-alone book BUT if you’ve read SAVED BY THE BRIDE and PICTURE PERFECT WEDDING, you get to revisit with old friends too. On sale where all eBooks are sold.
- Maggie Andersen has great news. The second book in her Mayfair Spy Series, TAMING A GENTLEMAN SPY is released in print on the February 11.
- Narelle Atkins has a new title, FALLING FOR THE FARMER due for release from Harlequin Love Inspired Heartsong Presents on February 4.
- The lovely cover and blurb of Janet Woods’ May release DIFFERENT TIDES from Severn House can be viewed on her blog.
- Vonnie Hughes just had the second book in a Regency trilogy released called A SURFEIT OF SUITORS. Visit the Australian Romance Readers blog for details.Traditional but with a few twists and turns.
Get your entries in! Competition Fever is here. RWA’s competitions are a great sounding board for your writing. We love romance and what better way is there to get your hard work out there to be read and critiqued by romance lovers. Both the Ruby and the Ella are now open for entries and close on February 7. So don’t delay! Our Little Gems competition for short stories opens tomorrow January 10 and closes on January 31. For further details and entry forms, click on the links to be taken to the RWA website.
Covers, covers, everywhere…
Last chance to enter!! Entries for the RWA Book Cover Contest (2013) opened on January 11 and closes February 6, 2014.
For those wanting to enter:
- Books must have been released between January 1 and December 31, 2013.
- You must be a RWA member.
- The contest is fully electronic. Entrants will be required to send a good quality image of the cover, which is to be no smaller than 350 pixels in height.
- State if your cover is a novel, novella, short story or anthology.
- State your sub-genre.
- Self-published titles are not eligible to enter.
Please forward your entry to: RWACoversContest@gmail.com
Voting begins on the blog on 7th February and ends 12th February and is for RWA members only.
Cruisin’ Member Blogs
Are you an RWA Member? Share a link and a short blurb here each week by emailing the details to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 29 – A little advice for making trailers to advertise your upcoming release from Gabrielle Battistel
February 2 – Event Announcements with Juanita Kees
February 4 – Author Spotlight and Giveaway with Phillipa Fioretti
February 6 – Cruisin with RWA
February 7 – Voting for Cover Contest with Imelda Evans
February 8 – Author Spotlight and Giveaway with Eva Scott
January 26 – Coastal Romance Australia Day Blog Hop concludes with the drawing of a $100 Gift Card and multiple book giveaways. Still time to enter and read lots of wonderful perspectives on our national holiday.
A new month and new features: A Month of Heroes
February 1-2 – Whitney KE gives us the secrets behind her new hero from DECEIVE ME IN IRELAND in a fab interview with him.
February 8-9 – SE Gilchrist interviews her newest hero.
January 22 – Bernadette is blogging with Nas Dean over at Romance Book Haven talking about my latest book THE LADY’S CHOICE.
January 25 – in the Book’d Out Australia Day Blog hop
January 30 – heading over to chat with Leisl Leighton
January 28 – GOOD NEWS DAY compiled by Cassandra Shaw
January 30 – MAGIC THURSDAY with Shona Husk
January 25 – Australia Day Book Giveaway Blog Hop
January 28 – Writerly Wednesday – Words!
January 31 – Australia Day Book Giveaway winner
January 30 – Heather Gray is visiting my blog to talk about her book JUST DESSERT
Jenn J McLeod is excited to have someone like Victoria Purman, Harlequin’s big hit with a winning formula (and the prettiest covers) join her in the Calingarry Crossing pub for a beer and a bar yarn.
I’m taking advantage to promote a couple of blogs that are offering great prizes – two of them my own latest book, ALMOST DEAD and one offering Almost Dead PLUS other books.
http://ejmckennablog.blogspot.com.au/ Where Ebs coerces me to let my hair down and also blows the whistle on our first meeting – at an RWA cocktail party. Very funny night.
http://nevendbookshelf.wordpress.co Please drop by and take a look. m/2014/01/25/australiadaybloghopgiveaway/
RWA member and reviewer/blogger and advocate of Aust Women’s fiction – Jess Fitzpatrick who’s also giving away other books as well – Lee Christine and Whitney KE – as part of Australia Day Blog Hop
http://www.karentyrrell.com/write-ya-books-kaz-delaney-book-giveaway/ where I give Karen Tyrrell some tips on writing YA.
January 27 – SARA News with Eleni Konstantine
January 31 – Up Close with Emmeline Lock brought to you by Carla Caruso
I’m sharing a short story based on a childhood memory over on my blog to celebrate Australia Day. I’d love you to visit and share with me your memories too.
January 24 – WHAT GOES ON TOUR by Claire Boston. Don’t miss the details for Claire’s launch event
February 6 – Whitney K E’s new release DECEIVE ME IN IRELAND
February 14 – Elise Ackers with a lovely Valentine’s Day post
Blogs of Interest
- Two blog posts with advice on editing and revision:
- Surprisingly sane and practical tips from Joanne Harris
Enrico’s Pick Six
Submit your blog site link to email@example.com to share with our readers. Enrico hand picks six blogs to showcase every week. Enrico’s Pick Six this week:
Have a great week and happy writing!