As I have remarked before on this blog, getting reliable figures on book sales in Australia is – to say the least – challenging. Nielsen’s research is largely accurate for retail shops, but doesn’t include many speciality stores or any ebook sales. Sigh. However, it is still interesting to monitor trends as revealed by ‘bestseller’ lists. I was very pleased to see three women’s fiction titles listed. So here are the top ten best-selling Australian books for 2015, according to Nielsen Bookscan. Let’s hope we can access some romance figures soon.
- 714,000 – The combined Treehouse series books by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton)*
- The 65-storey Treehouse
- The 52-storey Treehouse
- The 39-storey Treehouse
- The 26-storey Treehouse
- The 13-storey Treehouse
- 81,000 – The Dressmaker (Rosalie Ham), film tie-in edition
- 77,000 – The Husband’s Secret (Liane Moriarty)
- 70,000 – Family Food: 130 Delicious Paleo Recipes for Every Day (Pete Evans)
- 69,000 – The Lake House (Kate Morton)
- 68,000 – I Quit Sugar: Simplicious (Sarah Wilson)
* Books+Publishing rather dismissively did not list the individual Treehouse titles. However, there are currently only five books in the series. I have listed them from the most recent release at #1 to the oldest book at #5.